As 2022 draws to a close its time to do my annual look back at what happened.
I am going to talk a bit about my personal life as well as tech things, so if that is not your bag feel free to skip this post and read my more technical articles.
- January - I started the year teaching my son to code .
- February - I did some work on my website this year, and it is now using Hugo instead of wordpress.
- March - I was guest on a Star Trek podcast , hopefully a repeat appearance in the works very soon. I also passed an AWS exam
- April - Lots of work with Scratch with my boy
- June - Scottish Summit
- August - My boys birthday so some coding activities with his Microbit
- October - I bought a second hand car and less than a week later it burst into flames, a scary event but no one hurt and everything has since been replaced/repaired.
- November - I lost my job
- December - Extended time with family for Christmas with a new job starting in January. I sat and narrowly missed passing AZ-204 (Developing Solutions for Azure). I attended DDD North , I attended LeedsSharp and went on a virtual tour of a Microsoft Datacenter.
I don’t know what is in store for 2023 but I am sure it will be equally interesting. The first thing to get my head around is my new job.
So onto my goals for 2023
- New job and get my head around all the new stuff I need to learn
- Celebrate 10 years of marriage and concentrate on family things
- Pass AZ-204 - It was such a close miss that I need to retry this
- More coding with my son, he got a laptop for Christmas and would be great to build on what he has learnt so far.
- Blog regularly - I doubled the number of blog posts from 2021, but it would be great to keep up the momentum with regular posts of what I am up to.
- I recently added an events page, so I need to go to some events. Events like DDD North and Scottish Summit are great, but so are local user groups so a mix of these would be great.
Last year I had the following goals
- Video - Not used my green screen yet, would be good to make some time to use this in 2023
- Conference - I attended Scottish Summit and DDD North, would be great to go to more like these this year as well
- Blog More - Yeah I achieved this, but lets keep doing this.
- Metrics - I have done little bits with this over the last year, but not a huge amount.
- My personal brand has improved this year as my blog relaunched on the Hugo platform, and I am very happy with its look, probably more I can do.